Thursday, March 8, 2012

Back to Work!

I’ve been back at work for two weeks now (since Wednesday, February 22nd) and it’s proving to be just as difficult as I worried it might be, as is evidenced by the fact that I have not blogged since then. To all working, breastfeeding mothers worldwide: I commend you. I have no idea how you ladies do it. I mean, I’m doing it, but I’m just barely doing it, ya know? And to my MOM – my hats off to you. I don’t know how you did it alone. I’m exhausted!

On the other hand, I am liking having a real schedule. I’m a creature of habit and I’ve really come to know that about myself in these last couple of weeks. It’s nice to have a definite deadline for when you’ve got to crawl out of bed and actually wash your face and get out of your pj’s. I thought I was better than that but the jig’s up, I’m not. :p

Also, Woo has been a Godsend! I’m not a good sleeper at all, takes me half an hour minimum to fall asleep even when I’m exhausted, so he helps with Jin even on my shift. And I don’t react well to a lack of sleep. I’m taking gross things like headaches and canker sores. Ugh.

Anyhoo, yesterday in the middle of my work day, Woo texted me this photo with this caption:

“Halfway through building our fort, he passed out, before the second wall went up.”

Cracked me up to no end and had me smiling for the rest of the day. And yes, that's my hello kitty blanket under him. I know. Like one of my coworkers said, I'm so fired as a mom.
This is why we do it, ladies. This is what makes the canker sores worth enduring, isn’t it? Now who can’t smile about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment