Friday, February 10, 2012

Back into the Jin of Things

It's been almost a month since our little Nano was born (January 11th) and I've spent the month bonding and being selfish with our time together as a new little family. I can't begin to describe how special this time has been for me. Jin has forever changed our lives. He fills all my days with so much joy and happiness. It's been fun seeing him learn and watching him grow even in the little time he's been here with us. I can't believe he's a month old and I have to go back to work in a week and a half!

So back to a routine! Since I started this blog to keep everyone updated on all things Woo/Otineru, I need to get to it! :)

Our little ninja is getting so big already, it's hard to imagine he was in my stomach a month ago. He's beginning to keep his eyes on us and watch us and even follow us with his eyes as we move about around him. He's holding his head up more and staying awake for longer periods between feedings, naps, and diaper changes. We've been waiting anxiously for him to smile and he flashes us big gummy ones in his sleep, but until today, never when he's awake. I got a cute smile the other night as I was reading him to sleep. It was hilarious. I texted it to Woo who was at work and he responded with "that's one happy drunk":

Right before that we took photos to text to Daddy while we were doing some story/reading time before bed. His facial expressions crack me up sometimes!



And then today, for the first time while awake (technically, he was falling asleep), he flashed me the funniest, giddiest smile!
Man, I wish Daddy had been home to see it! That one was Daddy's smile, he's been working hard on getting Jin to smile for us. We'll just have to do it again when Daddy gets home tonight.

Here are a few more from the last month. The schedule is pretty much on an eat, sleep and poop rotation, with the occasional trip out to grab lunch or do some light grocery shopping. What did I even do with my time before this guy came along?














2 comments:

  1. OMG. I love the yawn...the smile...and the watching Winnie the Poo!!!! :) Such a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it cracks me up when he actually appears to be paying attention to Pooh and friends.

      Delete